Sunday, November 28, 2010

Peru

Dear Diary,
I am now in Huallanca, Peru. Being here i have learned Perus famous singer Gian Marco. Below is a video of a song he sings. All though, while going through here I saw many women washing there laundry in a cold river. It surprised me that they didn't have a facet to wash there clothes. I asked someone and they told that it was only a privilege to have running facet water. They also told me that most women would walk long distance to just wash there clothes in a dirty river. Later,  I passed by a field with a family working on it. When they saw me passed they stopped working and came up to me and ask for a gift. I declined them and they started to throw rocks at me. According to another person who had passed by, if you didn't have a gift to give to the children then they would throw rocks at you. I found this very strange but kept riding on.

Sincerly,
JOrtega









Video:
Digenzo. "YouTube - Gian Marco - Lamento." YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. 17 Oct. 2006. Web. 28 Nov. 2010. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A73f--Bposg>.

Photo:
Top:
"Map of Peru." Google Maps. Web. 28 Nov. 2010. <http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&biw=998&bih=614&q=map of peru&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Peru&gl=us&ei=GX_yTJayLYKBlAeI9PjnDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA>.

Bottom:
"Local Woman Washing Clothes Pictures from South America Photos on Webshots."Travel Photos and Pictures on Webshots. 15 Sept. 2006. Web. 28 Nov. 2010. <http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2698858380027068688eFNPvq>.

No comments:

Post a Comment